Saturday, March 26, 2016

Gladys's Photo Book

The book of selected photos from my mother's albums  is now ready at Lulu.com. You can order a copy from Lulu, for $52 plus shipping, or download the PDF from my dropbox file:  It is called Gladys's Photo Book.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9sluwrcyzszd6m6/coverfinal.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q7u5y8m4n0auvxy/AABW8FVH8BbyvIWDpCkloVEta?dl=0

This provides an ideal way tp preserve the archival photos she had in her collection, as well as to disseminate them to the whole family.

The originals are in a  small album on my shelf.

Many of the pictures actually look better than the originals.  In many cases the originals were damaged by being stuck into an album then torn out, or faded, or in the case of color photos some colors had faded more than others.

In all there are roughly 230 pictures documenting her family and her life.  Enjoy!

Please note that I am not including anything in the price for my time on this project. Unfortunately since Lulu  does not insert page numbers in photo books, I had to put a text block on each pair of facing pages, and so I had to completely reorganize the book.  And also it took more pages to place all of the photos and the price is a little higher.

No comments: